The Burdekin Christian College would like to welcome you. We are a private Christian school located in the Burdekin, 80km south of Townsville. To familiarise yourself with our College please browse through our website at bccollege.net.au. Here you will find out more about us and we will keep you up to date with the latest news. I trust that you will discover what a great College we have. If you would like any more information please don’t hesitate to call the office. Andrew Evetts – Principal.
To provide education from a Christian World View.
The beliefs provide a framework for a Christian World View.
1. There is one True and Living God who is Eternal, who has revealed Himself as One Being in three persons – Father, Son and Holy Spirit and who is the Creator and Preserver of things visible and invisible.
2. Man was created by God by a specific and immediate act and in His image and likeness, morally upright and perfect, but fell by voluntary transgression. Consequently all men are separated from original righteousness, being depraved and without spiritual life.
3. God’s answer to man’s sinful state is in the death of His Son, the Lord Jesus Christ upon the cross. His suffering and shed blood have made full atonement for the sins of the whole world, both original and actual, and that there is no other ground for salvation.
4. At the pre-millennial, imminent and personal return of our Lord Jesus Christ His people will be gathered unto Himself. Having this glorious hope and earnest expectation, we purify ourselves, even as He is pure, so that we may be ready to meet Him when He comes.
These values arise from our relationship with God, with each other and with the environment.
1. Family and Community: People, relationships and love matter more than structures, power and control.
2. Intimacy with God: Intimacy with God is a constant state of mind and an activity of prayer.
3. Sustainability: Maximization of the College’s physical and human resources in a way that is ecologically, socially and economically sustainable.
4. The Wisdom of the Bible: Scripture is our reference to re-align our values.
EARLY LEARNING CENTRE
Early Learning Centre Address: 2-12 Melbourne Street, AYR Queensland 4807
Phone: (07) 47835552
MOBILE: 0448427421 (after hours – before 8.00am & after 4.00pm)
FAX: (07) 4783526 Session Times:
The Centre is open from 7.00am to 6.00pm Monday – Friday Opening Times: The Centre is open 50 weeks a year. It is closed only through Christmas week and the New Year week.
Our aim is to provide a positive, friendly environment where each child feels comfortable to explore and try new things, to reinforce Christian family values, to teach with the philosophy that “Christ is the centre of all things”, to have the children develop spiritually, emotionally, physical, socially and cognitively and to provide experiences for children that are fun, safe and educational. The children will learn to respect and value each other’s differences while developing a positive environment to promote self-esteem that is respectful to diverse cultures, be encouraged to look after the natural environment and through play and learning experiences be encouraged to have a positive self-esteem and to feel good about themselves and others.
To develop socially through interaction within small groups, pairs and with adults, to develop physically through use of activities designed to promote development in the fine and gross motor skills, hand-eye coordination, balance and co-ordination in general, to be confident in speaking in pairs and to groups informally, to listen and concentrate for short periods of time, to understand that Jesus loves them, to take care of personal belongings and respect other’s belongings, to develop knowledge of basic colours, shapes and techniques for completing activities and to learn how to pray for each other.
Burdekin Christian College Early Learning Centre follows a set timetable. This includes indoor activities eg. craft, puzzles, construction, storytelling, singing, rhyme and an active outdoor program. All children are encouraged to participate in set activities and then are free to make their own choice. At the Centre there is a Christian input into the program in the form of grace at meal breaks, some Christian songs and stories, a devotional time, and a Christian outlook regarding themes and attitudes.
The College is a ministry of the Burdekin Community Church. Although interdenominational, the spiritual tone of the College carries the ‘flavour’ of this church. It is not necessary for you to be attending a church to enroll your child at the College, however Pastor Peter Holmes and the congregation from the Burdekin Community Church would be delighted to welcome you to a church service.
The College motto is CARE - Courtesy, Attitude, Resilience and Excellence. We endeavour to develop and instill essential life skills with a Christian focus into all students at the College. The College is also unique in a number of other aspects listed below:
• we take care of our students’ social, emotional, physical and spiritual wellbeing
• there is a full time teacher aide in each class
• we have an excellent pre-prep program at the Early Learning Centre
• there are Smartboards in each classroom
• music lessons are supplied and we have a state of the art modern library
• small classes, computers in every room, full time H&PE program, specialist IT classes
• up to date national curriculum and designated Head of Curriculum
• one on one service in all areas of the school
• learning support available for each class
• award winning Healthy Food Shack (tuckshop)
If you would like any help with completing an application form please phone or call into the office and Fiona will be happy to assist you.
Yours in Christ
We have a Bus service that transports children between Home Hill to the College daily.
It is a privilege to lead such a great school as Burdekin Christian College. We have great staff, a wonderful parent community and fantastic students. The fruit of the College can be seen daily outworking in the lives of the students. I thoroughly enjoy watching students develop in an environment that really fosters and nurtures their walk with the Lord.
At Burdekin Christian College our aim is to provide an education that encourages students to develop all their individual talents, to learn to treat each other with respect and dignity, and to teach all aspects of the curriculum in the light of God’s word. Our approach encourages parents to be actively involved in the school’s program and to participate in their child’s education.
As a College, we believe in excellence. True excellence can only be found in Christ. From an educational perspective, I am passionate about doing everything to the best of our ability. We believe education alone will not provide us with the wisdom we need to make right choices in a rapidly changing world. We recognise that God is the source of all wisdom, and we are therefore committed to a high standard of education that is based on the values we know that can weather the storms of life.
Please do not hesitate to contact the college office for more information.
PLEASE NOTE: This form will only deliver messages to the enrolment contact at this school. Use this form to email the school regarding enrolments or to request a prospectus.Please don't use this form for employment/job enquiries, personal messages or marketing messages. Contact the school via telephone to request the appropriate email address.
(as voted by site visitors)